Led by our trained Learning Assistants, our ‘hands-on’ activities provide the perfect opportunity for children to learn and discover all about our farm and the animals that we look after. They cover many of the attainment targets in SC2 – Life Processes and Living Things, and the EYFS early learning goals within Understanding the World, alongside endless cross-curricular learning opportunities.
- A tractor and trailer ride around our farm
- Meeting all of our friendly farm animals including goats, cows, sheep, pigs and more!
- Bottle feeding our baby goats/lambs*
- Get up close to our smaller animals including rabbits & guinea pigs in Pets’ Corner
- Feeding our chickens and collecting their eggs
- Meeting our friendly Shetland ponies
- Touring our Milking Parlour and learning about the 200 cows that are milked there twice a day
- Learning about the birds of prey
- Exploring our Polytunnel and learning all about the plants and crops that we grow there*
- Discovering the wonders of wildlife on our Nature Trail*
*activities subject to season
Please note: We will prioritise those activities most relevant to you and your class; therefore you may not access all of the above
If there is a specific topic that you would like to cover, or subject you would like to focus on, we will work with you prior to your visit to ensure that we create your perfect school trip.
So hands-on and very well organized. Friendly staff, great atmosphere and fantastic place. Children/staff/parents really enjoyed their day.
W.Moorhouse, Moston Fields Primary
From a school point of view we really couldn’t have asked for more in terms of content/organization/enjoyment or learning.
H. O’Neil, St Bertelines C of E Primary School
Toddler and Tots Groups
If you wish to have a less structured approach to your day, then why not try one of our unguided visits? During selected days during the summer term will be operating as we do on a public day, allowing your group to drop in to our activities as and when it suits you. The farm will be open 10am – 2pm and there will be activities running every half an hour. From bottle feeding to pony pampering, there is lots to see and do! We will allocate you a time and an area for lunch, but other than that, you will be free to explore the farm independently.
To enquire about dates, or for more information, please contact us on 01565 777 323.