The Walton family have been farming at Stockley since 1983.
The farm is situated on the Arley Estate, nr Northwich, Cheshire, which is owned by Lord and Lady Ashbrook. The Estate is 2300 acres in total, of which Stockley farm approx 680 acres.
The Walton’s manage and run the farm, which is a combination of both organic and conventional land and is used for both dairy and arable production
We grow both Organic and Conventionally farmed arable crops.
Organic fodder crops are grown to feed our dairy cows and include whole crop (a mix of field bean, oats, clover and grass) and a grass and clover mix that is cut to make silage.
Organic oats are grown for use in breakfast cereals including locally produced Mornflake products.
Conventional wheat is grown for milling and oil seed rape is grown for use as a bio-fuel.
Some of our land is leased to contractors who grow potatoes.
Our Open Farm
From tiny seeds…
In the 1980’s an automated milking parlour was installed on the farm, which attracted attention from farmers across the country. Many visited to see the new technology in action and they usually brought their families along too! In order to occupy their younger visitors, the Walton’s decided to install a viewing gallery over the parlour and brought in some smaller animals for the children to interact with. As this proved so popular, the family decided to extend it’s opening to the general public and in 1987 Stockley Farm Park was born!
From there on, the farm has continued to develop and flourish; we still hold true to our ethos of showcasing the best in British farming, educating and enlightening visitors of all ages in a fun and interactive way.
Why we do it…
Learning and development is a key part of what we do and extends to all of our staff, students and visitors. We aim to be the best in our field (excuse the pun!), combining excellent farming practice with an outstanding customer experience, and have won many awards along the way, the most recent being:
- Best in Education National Farm Attractions Network Awards 2017
- Best Diversification Cheshire Farms Competition 2015 & 2016
- Best farm over 500 Acres Cheshire Farms Awards 2015
- Competent Young Person In Agriculture Cheshire Farms Awards 2015
- Customer Service Excellence Marketing Cheshire Awards 2015
- Certificate of Excellence TripAdvisor 2015 & 2016 & 2017
- Highly Commended for Outstanding Customer Service National Farm Attractions Network Awards 2015
- Best Family Day Out Raring2go! 2015
Plus we have been shortlisted for many others including:
- Diversification Innovator of the Year British Farming Awards 2016
- Access for All Award Marketing Cheshire Awards 2016
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year Marketing Cheshire Awards 2015
We are continuing to grow, develop and evolve and our dedicated and passionate team have big plans for the future – We look forward to involving you in them!