Our Young Farmers Academy gives youngsters interested in all things agricultural the chance to get stuck in to life on our working farm!
Aimed at 7 – 12 year olds each 4.5 hour session is based around a different theme each week, covering everything from animal husbandry, to harvesting crops and wildlife conservation.
Led by our enthusiastic Academy Leader, ‘students’ will get a behind the scenes look at our 750 acre working organic dairy and arable farm.
Each session includes:
- Two topics per day
- Practical ‘hands on’ activities
- Activity based theory sessions
- ‘Test Your Knowledge’ interactive activities
- Refreshments (bring own packed lunch)
- Time to burn of some steam in our play areas
Places are limited to 10 children per session so call us on 01565 777323 to book your budding farmer on today!
Sessions run Tuesdays throughout Summer Holidays from 10am- 2.30pm
£25.00 per child.
Buy all five sessions, and get one free!
Summer Dates and Themes
- Tuesday 31st July: Goat Keeping & Reptile Handling
- Tuesday 7th August: Small Pet Workshop & Caring For Chickens and Ducks
- Tuesday 14th August: Dairy Farming & Calf Care
- Tuesday 21st August: Nature Detectives & Our Arable Farm
- Tuesday 28th August: Caring for Horses & Pig Bathing
To book your budding farmer’s place, contact the office on 01565 77323 or email email@example.com